Circuit Breaker Repair in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Winter Park & Throughout Central Florida
Circuit breakers are often overlooked, but they are a vital component to any home or business. Circuit breakers help protect the electrical circuits in your home by correctly starting and stopping the flow of electricity to your property. You wouldn’t want your home or business to catch fire or you, your employees or your family to suffer an electric shock, so it’s important to pay attention to the signs of faulty circuits and always promptly request circuit breaker repair whenever you notice any warning signs.
How to Tell if You Need Circuit Breaker Repair
If you notice any of the following, it’s time to call Brandon Electric to ensure your home or business is safe:
- Burning Smell: If you notice a burning smell from the panel, this means that insulation and wires are overheated and aren’t going to protect your home from an electrical short. This is not something on which you should wait. Rather, you should call an electrician for emergency electrical repairs.
- Breakers Constantly Tripping: A circuit breaker will trip if there is too much power being drawn. If a circuit breaker is tripping every time you turn on an appliance, such as the vacuum cleaner, the breaker could soon fail altogether. An electrician at Brandon Electric can help you determine if it’s simply a bad breaker in need of circuit breaker repair or if you need to add an additional circuit to fully power your property.
- Damage: If you see scorch marks around the breaker or an outlet or appliance, this can be due to melted wires and could mean that your breakers need repair.
- Breaker Doesn’t Stay Reset: It’s likely after several months of resetting a breaker that it won’t stay on at all anymore. This means that the breaker could have failed, and an electrician will need to replace it.
- Old Age: Circuit breakers are designed to last for decades, but if the home hasn’t been serviced in 10 years or more, there could be several breakers that are about to fail. Even if you don’t notice any signs of damage, having an electrician come out to provide maintenance on the electrical panel is a good decision to avoid future repairs and extend the life of your current system.
When you need a professional for circuit breaker repair or any other electrical needs, contact Brandon Electric. We offer emergency electrical repairs 24/7 and serve homes and businesses in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Winter Park and throughout Central Florida.